This year, the Individual Income Tax season is opening on 1 July 2021.
· Taxpayers who file online (via the SARS E-filing website or SARS MobiApp) have until 23 November 2021 to file their ITR12 returns;
· Taxpayers who are not able to file online can make an appointment at a SARS branch to file in person;
· Provisional taxpayers who file online have until 31 January 2022 to file their ITR12 returns.
In preparation for the filing season, taxpayers should ensure they have the following information for the year ended February 2021:
- All IRP5/IT3(a) certificates;
- IT3(b) & (c) certificates
- Medical aid contributions certificates;
- Retirement annuity contributions certificates;
- Donation certificates;
- Other income information;
- Home office information;
- Address, banking details, etc updates;
- Any other relevant tax information.
Preparing your documentation in advance will ensure a smoother filing experience.
It is always advisable to chat to a tax practitioner who will assist you with your tax filing.